Friday, August 20, 2010

Is there any way to not lose all your songs on Ipod when you switch computers?

I have recently got an Ipod and will be purchasing a laptop soon for when I go off to college. I would like to download songs and have them for right now and this summer until I leave and head off to college by using my computer at home knowing that I will be using my laptop at school. I have heard that your music is saved to only one computer and if you switch computers all music is lost on your ipod and you are forced to start building your library all over again. Is there anyway around this?



Is there any way to not lose all your songs on Ipod when you switch computers?trojan



(1) When you stop using the old machine, pick the ''De-authorize computer'' option in iTunes.



(2) Physically copy all the files in your iTunes library from your old machine to your new laptop. This would be easiest by copying the files to a CD (or a whole bunch of CDs). iTunes has a ''backup'' option that'll do this.



(3) On the new machine, you'll need to authorize any purchased songs by entering your iTunes ID and password. If you did step #1, it won't charge you.

No comments:

Post a Comment