Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get the IP addresses of all computers on my network?

I have a few computers on my LAN, and I was wondering if there was a way to get the IP addresses off of them without having to actually be in front of them typing ''ipconfig''.



How do I get the IP addresses of all computers on my network?



It depends upon how your computers are connected. If they are connected via a router, some routers have software that allows you to view all connections to the router. The IP address is usually part of the display.



How do I get the IP addresses of all computers on my network?antivirus downloads



Use an administrative software like:



-Look@LAN



-NetCrunch



to name a few.. There are somany with administrative functions too.



G'luk buddy



http://360.yahoo.com/traz713
Snag a copy of Languard Network Security Scanner. http://www.languard.com



The timed trial does still provide basic network scanning of a class C network once it times out.



Or, just look at the active leases on your DHCP server.
get an ip scanner software like http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/
If you know the names of the computers you can do this.



Start -%26gt; Run -%26gt; cmd -%26gt; OK



In the DOS window that pops up type:



ping COMUPTER_NAME



Changing COMPUTER_NAME to the name of the computer you want the IP address of.



Also you might just try going to My Network Places -%26gt; View Workgroup computers, that is to get the computer names and then use ping.

No comments:

Post a Comment