Friday, August 20, 2010

Is there any way I can use 1 monitor with 2 desktop computers?

I have 2 Dell desktop computers but only 1 monitor so i was wondering if there is any way i can use 1 monitor with the 2 computers. If there is then what will i need?



Is there any way I can use 1 monitor with 2 desktop computers?live update



Yes, it is possible and quite simple. You will need a piece of hardware called a KVM switch. You can pick up one of these for around $20. http://www.amazon.com/Iogear-Port-Compac...



You plug your keyboard and monitor into the switch, then connect the cables from the switch to your two computers. You can now control both computers using one monitor and one keyboard, using a keyboard shortcut to switch between the two. The KVM I have lets me switch between them by double tapping my scroll lock key.



Is there any way I can use 1 monitor with 2 desktop computers?norten



sometimes there r monitors that Have 2 plugs, a white and blue one. the monitor should come with both cables so just plug them into place and and press the button to switch between channels.



And if its been 4 hours since u asked this question you might want to practise pressing the (BEST ANSWER) button next to my name if you want .



lol just kidding but u can if you want to.
http://www.ehow.com/how_13828_connect-tw...

No comments:

Post a Comment