Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How would I decide if I really wanted to do someting in computers or do something else as a career??

Ok my problem is I love books, magazines, events. Things like that and I also love computers with a passion, so should I take an online course or somethin else. I am in school now full time to become an administrative assistant, so in case this doesn't work out I'm lookin for new ideas to do with computers, magazines,etc. Help!



How would I decide if I really wanted to do someting in computers or do something else as a career??auto protect



Why not combine your two loves? Complete your education for the administrative assistant track, but at the same time, take classes that will strengthen your writing skills as well as classes that will help you to become more familiar with what is expected of someone who is computer savvy. Once you have become a well rounded person with writing and computers, start applying for online magazines, newspapers, etc; they do exist. Or simply start up your own online gig while working as an administrative assistant.



How would I decide if I really wanted to do someting in computers or do something else as a career??downloads



I say take a career assessment test....that will tell you where you want to go.....another Idea would be to consider working for yourself from home.....go to my profile and click on my links to get an idea of what I am talking about. .
Do you love opening up and fixing hardware issues on computers and also fixing debugging errors and such? Or do you like computers in that you like to talk on IM and go to myspace a lot? Being an IT administrator, i can tell you that you need to have a ''passion'' for fixing computers, not using them. If you get into IT just for the $ like those commercials on the radio tell you, I can tell you that you won't last long. Those commercials don't mention the 24 hr days when Daylight savings change, the calls at 6 in the morning on your off day when someone's e-mail doesn't work, Walking to the other side of the building to fix a ''broken'' computer that just had a plug unplugged. Trust me, its not all glamourous. But if you do enjoy using computers. By all means go ahead and enjoy a fulfilling career.

No comments:

Post a Comment